Prof Christie Dorfling
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +27 21 808 3674
- Fax: +27 21 808 2059
- Room: C209
- PhD (Extractive Metallurgical Engineering), Stellenbosch University, 2012
- MPhil (Advanced Chemical Engineering), University of Cambridge, 2008
- BEng (Chemical Engineering: Mineral Processing), Stellenbosch University, 2005
- Professional experience
Department of Process Engineering, Stellenbosch University
2009 to present
Measurement and Control Division, Mintek
2006 to 2008
- Honours and awards
- Recipient of the FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar Postgraduate Scholarship for International Study, 2007
- Alberts, E., and Dorfling, C., 2013. Stripping conditions to prevent the accumulation of rare earth elements and iron on the organic phase in the solvent extraction circuit at Skorpion Zinc. Minerals Engineering, 40:48-55.
- Dorfling, C., Akdogan, G., Bradshaw, S.M., and Eksteen, J.J., 2012. Kinetics of Rh, Ru, and Ir dissolution during the sulphuric acid pressure leaching of first stage leach residue. Proceedings of the XXVI International Mineral Processing Congress, New Delhi, India, pp. 1196-1210.
- Dorfling, C., Akdogan, G., Bradshaw, S.M., and Eksteen, J.J., 2012. Modelling of an autoclave used for high pressure sulphuric acid/oxygen leaching of first stage leach residue. Precious Metals ’12, Cape Town, South Africa, 12-13 November 2012.
- Olivier, M.C., Dorfling, C., and Eksteen, J.J., 2012. Evaluating a solvent extraction process route incorporating nickel preloading of Cyanex 272 for the removal of cobalt and iron from nickel sulphate solutions. Minerals Engineering, 27-28: 37-51.
- Dorfling, C., Akdogan, G., Bradshaw, S.M., and Eksteen, J.J., 2011. Determination of the relative leaching kinetics of Cu, Rh, Ru and Ir during the sulphuric acid pressure leaching of leach residue derived from Ni-Cu converter matte enriched in platinum group metals. Minerals Engineering, 24(6):583-589.
- Chemical Engineering 224 (Principles and Processes)
- Chemical Engineering 254 (Mass and Energy Balances)